Assistant Domestic Abuse Practitioner
As an Assistant Domestic Abuse Practitioner at our refuge, you’ll be the first point of contact for customers, external enquiries, referrals and admissions. You’ll work with the team in refuge to support customers and their children, making sure they re-main safe and well.
- Support customers living in refuge and the community with tailored, practical, emotional and legal support, and make sure they are safe
- Answering calls and emails and responding to any issues
- Update customer case files and ensuring it’s always up to date
- Manage referrals, carry out any necessary risk assessments and assign accommodation based on customer needs
- Take responsibility for ensuring that all accommodation is secure, and that Health and Safety Standards are met in conjunction with all day staff
What we’re looking for:
- Someone with a genuine understanding of relationship abuse, who can help to address it from all angles and empower survivors to overcome their past towards a more confident future.
- Great communication skills and someone who is able to build a rapport with customers
- A flexible and adaptable approach to meet the needs of the customer
- Someone who can effectively prioritise their work
- Enhanced DBS check
Be a catalyst for change and help us impact the way our region addresses abusive relationships. APPLY NOW!
We will be interviewing as we go so may close the vacancy early if we find the right person.
#DomesticAbuse #RelationshipAbuse #NewcastleUnderLyme #JobsThatGiveBack #SupportWorker #DomesticAbuseSupportWorker #AssistantDomesticAbusePractitioner #GreatBenefits #Refuge
£20,319.00 a year