We have an exciting opportunity for an Activities Coordinator to join our village team. You’ll provide a varied programme of activities to improve physical and mental health and the overall wellbeing of residents at West End Village. You’ll create activities that residents and the wider community are interested in.
- Work with colleagues and residents to provide a range of activities, events and outings.
- Organise, publicise and encourage residents to attend to events.
- Create and coordinate inter-scheme events with other Staffs Housing villages and homes.
- Introduce new activities to attract the wider community to use the facilities at the village
- Develop links with local communities, partners, agencies and the voluntary sector to get people to attend events
What we’re looking for:
- Someone with a GCSE level of education or equivalent including both Maths and English
- Experience of working in an environment that supports older people or people with complex needs
- Empathetic and understanding to the challenges older people face
- A good knowledge of health and safety
- Awareness and understanding of customer confidentiality
- Great communications skills, with the ability to communicate across a number of channels to both customers and partners.
- Someone who can work well as part of a team and use their own initiative when working independently
- Have a car suitable for business use
- Have an enhanced DBS check
Stoke, Stoke-on-TrentApply now